PACKAGE FROM $430
- Sta. Cruz. (High part)
- Playa tortuga bay…
- Highlands (Chato Reserve) – Turtle Ranch or Chato Reserve (Reserva del Chato)
Hiking excursion in the nature reserve we will find forests of manzanillo trees and Scalecia trees, herbs and endemic woody plants. Giant tortoises are sighted even more when you arrive at Laguna Verde where they cohabit with other species endemic. Frigate birds, Galapagos ducks swim looking to feed on microorganisms, and they clean their feathers and rest next to the turtles cooling off in the water and sinking into the mud to get rid of the external parasites in the area.
In the same reserve you can explore the interior of lava rivers solidified hundreds of years ago formed from volcanic explosions, easy access for the visit.
- Tortuga Bay Beach
It is an amidation beach for black turtles hence its name. One of the longest white sand beaches. Marine iguanas, sharks, sea turtles and mangroves can all be seen here. It has two sections; Playa Brava with ideal conditions for surfers and Playa Mansa, a kind of natural pool where the water is calmer, you can kayak and snorkel.
- Bahía Tour
The navigation begins with a visit to the islet “La Lobería”, named after the large colony of sea lions, if conditions allow, snorkeling will be carried out. It is also a very special place to observe a great variety of colorful fish in the reefs.
Then we go to Punta Estrada where we will hike to Playa de los Perros to observe a colony of Marine Iguanas, Zayapas (endemic Galapagos crab), boobies, frigatebirds, sea lions, etc.
We will continue with the tour to a viewpoint known as Canal de Tiburones where the Galapagos shark species are found. Finally we will sail to Franklin Bay where we will make a second walk to the Cracks, they are the result of volcanic formations , crossed by an arm of brackish water that mixes with the seawater recommended for swimming and snorkeling, due to the transparency of its waters you have absolute visibility to enjoy the fauna.
- Charles Darwin Research Station
The Charles Darwin Research Station is located in Puerto Ayora. With a naturalist guide from the Galapagos National Park, you will get to know the breeding center and all the conservation programs in which they work to care for the islands’ flora and fauna species, taking a tour of the interpretive center where you can see turtles in all stages of their growth, ending with a visit to Lonesome George.
The price includes:
– Hotel in a tourist category (Price in double accommodation / Twin Rooms)
– Complete food (breakfast – lunch and dinner * ask information about )
– Land and navigable transportation for visits to the Islands. (In case the program includes it)
– Coordinator throughout your stay.
– Diving Equipment- Snorkel (vest, mask and fins).
– All scheduled visits and activities.
– Crossing boat at the Baltra Pier
– Guide in English
Price does not include
– Air ticket. (Verify value by quote).
– Entrance tax to the National Park: USD$6.00 (Ecuadorian visitors) USD$100.00 (foreign visitors).
– INGALA Tourism transit card $20
– Isabela ticket $10 per person.
– Services not described in the Tour (extra drinks, juices, alcoholic beverages).
– Transportation in the afternoon free.
– Health insurance.